Monday, August 17

Determination Blog 4

After the last blog and the last few weeks I decided I needed to get my mind right. I needed to get my focus back on course and I needed to decide if I was going to lay down and take it, or fight at whatever cost.

I really did not want to become a thorn in the side of the financial aid office people and I did not want for my emotions to get in the way and I say or do something that I would regret. Unfortunately, I let this feeling cause me to do absolutely nothing. For fear of acting in an ungodly manner, I chose not to act at all. When I prayed on my situation, God chastened me for this. In my own words, He basically told me that He did not create me to be a punk, falling down and sitting out and allowing fear to dictate what I did or did not do. He let me know in no uncertain terms that He was not going to help me until I got off my butt, opened my mouth and helped myself. "I am your helper, not your servant. I do not do the things that you don't want to do, I do the things that you are unable to do."

So, with that, I fixed my mind, and my heart, and I have attacked this thing head on. I have talked to various people, I have emailed the Department of Education. I have emailed the JSCC financial aid office and I am not through. I have a meeting tomorrow with someone who offers financing for school. I am going to school, I am starting classes on Aug 31 and I am not taking no for an answer. And whether they like it or not they are going to process my financial aid for this semester and pay back whatever is paid out, not wait and start it for next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment