This blog is about me going back to school. That is pretty much it. So, I will give you some information about me, though my primary blog is on my Myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/shanigirl8177 . That is about my life, my thoughts on life and so on.
My job is ending. The plant I have worked at the last 3+ years is closing. It is kind of sad. But truthfully, I knew it was time for me to move on. Still, getting that push out the door is kind of a saddening/angering/frustrating thing....
I dropped out of school when I was 16. It was in April of the 10th grade. I cut school all the time, my friends and I. I just got tired of going. So the school and my mom threatened with taking me out of school if I didn't act right. I remember the day I walked in the guidance office and told the division principal, "I'm done." That is the only thing in my life that I would do over again if I could.
I was in honors classes. I still had a C average. Had a B in English and hadn't been there in 2 months..... I was always a smart girl. Was reading and comprehending at a college level when I was in the 4th grade. I dropped out of school because I was bored. The only challenging class I had was math. And that was because in the initial come-to-Jesus/come-to-school meeting I made it known that school was boring to me. So that was their way of upping the ante. But math was my last class of the day. I usually never made it back for math.....so I was failing it. I dropped out April 4, 1994. I received my GED in September of that same year.
I never had a prom. No yearbook with my picture in it. Never learned to discipline myself so that I could be a productive adult. My first 3 jobs all lasted for 6 months. They all ended with me quiting. I started community college in January of 1995. I left community college after 2 years because I just wouldn't go to class. I did eventually make it through Vo-Tech with a Certification in Architectural Drafting, for which there is NO job market where I live....
So, here I am. 15 years out of high school. 31 years old. And I am going back to school. But this time I am focused and purposed and determined. I am going to get this right this time. I am going to do my homework, (which, for the record, I almost never did all through school, primary on up). I am going to go to class. I am going to study.....ugh. But most of all, I am going to GET MY DEGREE. I'm 12 classes away. This blog is the journal of how I get it done. School starts on Aug. 31.
Tuesday, June 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment